The new season of Survivor will pit four races against each other to see which race is superior at the end. The host Jeff Probst had the following to say:
I think at first glance, when you just hear the idea, it could sound like a stunt. Especially with the way reality has gone, it wouldn’t be unusual. But that’s not what we’re doing here. The idea for this actually came from the criticism that ‘Survivor’ was not ethnically diverse enough. Because, for whatever reason, we’ve always had a low number of minority applicants apply to the show. So we set out and said, ‘Let’s turn this criticism into creative for the show. I think it fits in perfectly with what ‘Survivor’ does â€” it is a social experiment. And this is adding another layer to that experiment, which is taking the show to a completely different level.
- African-American Tribe:
- Make-up artist, Rebecca Borman, 34, from Laurelton, N.Y.
- Jazz musician and recording artist Sekou Bunch, 45, of Los Angeles
- Nursing student Stephannie Favor, 35, of Columbia, S.C.
- Retail salesman Nathan Gonzalez, 26, of Los Angeles
- Sundra Oakley, 31, an actress from Los Angeles
- Asian-American Tribe:
- Nail salon manager Anh-Tuan “Cao Boi” Bui (pronounced Cowboy), 42, from Christianburg, Va.
- Attorney Becky Lee, 28, of Washington, D.C.
- Management consultant Yul Kwon, 31, of San Mateo, Calif.
- Real estate agent Jenny Guzon-Bae, 36, of Lake Forest, Ill.
- Fashion Director Brad Virata, 29, of Los Angeles
- Hispanic Tribe:
- Heavy metal guitarist Billy Garcia, 36, of New York
- Professional volleyball player J.P. Calderon, 30, of Marina Del Rey, Calif.
- Police officer Cristina Coria, 35, of Los Angeles
- Waiter Oscar “Ozzy” Lusth, 25, of Venice, Calif.
- Technology risk consultant Cecilia Mansilla, 29, of Oakland, Calif.
- White Tribe:
- Copier salesman Adam Gentry, 28, of San Diego, Calif.
- Writer-producer Jonathan Penner, 44, of Los Angeles
- Boxer-waitress Parvati Shallow, 23, of Los Angeles
- Performer-roller girl Jessica Smith, 27, of Chico, Calif.
- Pre-med student Candice Woodcock, 23, of Fayetteville, N.C.
Which group do you guys think will reign supreme, the African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic, or the Whites?